PROJECTS & EVENTS
HACKLEY STADIUM LOCKER ROOM &FITNESS CENTER
Help us reach our goal of updating the Varsity Locker Room at Historic Hackley Stadium and the Fitness Center at the Redmond-Potter Gym. We rely on the support of those who are able to give their time or monetary gifts.
Flooring and lockers for the locker room have been ordered, and flooring for the Fitness and Weight Room are next. We are much closer to our goal but still need help from all Big Red Alumni and supporters. It is the hope and desire of the Foundation that this project can be completed by spring of next year, and that all students and staff can benefit from this project for years to come.
We are asking that you consider making a donation to this project. Any amount will help. We would like to have enough to order the Fitness and Weight room equipment next. All of the students at Muskegon High School deserve nothing less than the best! All donations are tax deductible. Some companies have policies to match your 501©(3) donation so please check with your employer before donating!
HACKLEY STADIUM SCOREBOARD
The Big Red video scoreboard is the newest addition to historic Hackley Stadium. After a lot of hard work and planning the completion of the board came to fruition in late August 2015. The board has been a huge high lite to the excitement of Friday night football at Hackley Stadium. It has the ability to showcase individual players, statics, and it also is has been used to thank the many of you who have been so helpful in this project. The board also has been used for advertising and other celebratory events. It can do almost anything that you can imagine. It also has included a new public address system, along with the ability to play music during warm-ups and periods of downtime.
A big thank you goes out to Athletic Foundation President Terri Clock and Secretary Carrie Ernvall-Chase who worked feverishly to make sure the video board was up and running and still oversee its function at every event.
- A multi-passenger van to transport Big Red athletes
- Funding for road trips for Big Red football, volleyball and track
MIDDLE SCHOOL FACILITIES
MIDDLE SCHOOL FACILITIES
- A scoreboard for the soccer field at Nelson school
- Flagpoles and flags for Nelson and Steele
- A refurbished press box at Hackley Stadium
- New scoreboard at Hackley Stadium in honor of the late Carol Potter, wife of former coach and athletic director, Harry Potter. Carol was a founding member of the Foundation.
- A lighted sign for Hackley Stadium honoring state championship football teams
- Funding for the book, "100 Years of Muskegon Big Red Football"
- Funding for photo displays and championship banners that line the walls of the concourse at Redmond-Potter Gymnasium
- The addition of a concession stand at the Redmond-Potter complex
- State championship and OK Conference banners displayed in the gymnasium
- Warm-up suits for the tennis and cross country teams
- Track uniforms for Steele Middle School
- Uniforms for the Competitive Cheer and Girls Track teams at the High School
- Parka's for the swim team
- Shirts and ties for the basketball team
- Football shoes for the team for use at the Pontiac Silverdome
- Training and educational sessions for coaches, managers and student athletes
- Sporting equipment and training gear for use by district teams